Most of us were asked this question by either our parents, teachers or a mentor at some time in our childhood. Even at the early age of 5 years old vision and goals were being instilled in us. We were told we could accomplish anything, be anything or have what we wanted as long as we…”put our minds to it”. Even then the people around us understood the importance of vision and how necessary it is in creating motivation and direction.
What would our parents, teachers and mentors say to our adult selves today? Maybe they would say, “Satisfaction in our business and personal lives are in reach, but the reality is that it takes deliberate efforts to develop the vision, believe it and take action towards accomplishing our goals.”
In today’s Two Minute Tips Petey asks these questions:
- Where are you in your career?
- How happy are you in your business life?
- Where would you like to be?
- What motivates you?
Tips to creating the life you want:
- Take responsibility for where you are today.
- See yourself where you want to be. All change begins with how you think.
- Know what you want and make sure your goals align with your core values.
- Make every decision lead to where you see yourself in the future.
My business partner, Andy Klausner, and I have developed a new program – Job Search Advantage – which helps job seekers market themselves in ways that set them apart from the competition. We help you put your best foot forward by developing or updating your resume, cover letter and/or interview skills. Watch this month’s Two Minute Tip.